Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Long Beach is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While YES R&M Inc. consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call YES R&M Inc. in Long Beach at 562-286-6624 today.