Having standard air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Long Beach summertime, have the professionals at YES R&M Inc. complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call YES R&M Inc. today at 562-286-6624.