Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family warm during the Long Beach chill. If you already called YES R&M Inc. for your annual tune-up, you’re definitely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 562-286-6624 to get one on the calendar.
There are many simple things you can do in between expert maintenance to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters often and clean or swap them when recommended. This is such a simple way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are clear for maximum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up by your outdoor unit or a mess has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s working correctly. Simply turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our pros, call YES R&M Inc. at 562-286-6624 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!