When it’s a little more frigid in Long Beach you rely on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming up. Annual maintenance service from professionals can keep your system running efficiently and diagnose possible problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for cues that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most familiar symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating correctly. Is it running long enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump cools your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps change the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off again and again. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem continues, call an expert to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The team at YES R&M Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.