With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can trim a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically increase your costs and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your YES R&M Inc. specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system working well for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is running correctly and can identify potential problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at YES R&M Inc. a call at 562-286-6624.