Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Long Beach during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at YES R&M Inc. will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call YES R&M Inc. at 562-286-6624 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.